Friday 16 August 2013

I'll Go Mine

Workin’ till midnight, and it’s not even eight
Gotta bad moon risin, I feel crushed under weight
It seems like lately you’ve disowned your phone
And I feel so tired thinking these thoughts alone
Nothing else left to do, but trudge on the line
You go your way and I’ll go mine

Well, your pill done me wonders, but now you’ve pulled the plug
I believe I’m addicted, and you’re my only drug
I’m left here suspended like a frosted leaf
I’ve lost all my faith, don’t know why I should believe
Maybe I’m worryin’ too much, I should feel fine
You go your way and I’ll go mine

They say the meek ‘ll inherit, but I sure ain’t meek
Tried to prove I’m worthy without appearin’ weak
May not be dyin, but you can’t call this life
My soul is lyin on the sharp edge of your knife
Would have been easier if I’d just heeded the sign
You go your way and I’ll go mine

If my lips needed water, my lungs needed air
I know we’re all bound to suffer but I’ve suffered my share
Now I feel too wasted to figure out my next move
This needle is grindin’ on it’s final groove
I know this needs sayin but it’s so hard to define
Just go your way and I’ll go mine

5 October 2009 at 10:11

No comments:

Post a Comment