Friday 16 August 2013

Desert Sun

Jesus was a real good guy
Much more into lovin’ than I
I looked in my mirror and 
Why did I shiver
It’s just a mirror
But there’s me inside
What reflects there is something I wish
I had ways to alter or hide

Don’t know what’s come over me
Can’t take it in that it’s me

And my journey’s only just begun
Desert sun, desert sun

When I think of the days long gone by
Heavy wings never learnt how to fly
We walked on the thin line
We smiled at the sunshine
The vibes were all sublime
World rocked as it rolled
But today seems to me it’s hard to catch up 
With your youth when you’re old

Don’t know what’s controlling me
I was once happy and free

Sharpest bend and endless space to run
This desert sun, desert sun

I’m asking why
Why don’t we rest here tonight, soakin in moonbeams blue?
Tell me why
Why can’t your dreams be my dreams, let me dream a dream of you?

Jesus was a flesh and blood man
And I’m rustin' like an old soda can
This world will be ending
Old men will be bending
The world will be ending the way it began

All the contrasting shades that we use 
To express what is filling our mind
Will soon drive us color blind

Why drink water when I’ve nowhere to run
From desert sun, desert sun

7 October 2009 at 16:53

No comments:

Post a Comment