Friday 16 August 2013

A tear that couldn't die...

It took life from my eye, the tear that couldn’t die
You know it couldn’t lie, it couldn’t lie to you

It ran along my face and filled an empty space
It rolled and left a trace, a feeling oh so true

It was a tear of joy that nothing could destroy
I was a lonely boy inside this box of chrome

Just like a shining light, a fire burning bright
Nothing could be so right, the glory that was Rome

It grew inside these arms, a hug that soothes, disarms
Protected from all harms, I’ve never felt so sure

It grew inside my soul, and made you my one goal
Emerging from this hole, to something whole and pure

It was a hug of love sent to me from above
Of which I can’t get enough that made me sing my poem

It took me to the end and made me backwards bend
I saw you as my friend, and you are where I’m from
The glory that was Rome

I’m happy I’m alive and until I arrive
I’ll make sure I’ll survive, until I come back home

It may be a bumpy ride, but now my pride has died, you’re all I have inside
And you’re my home sweet home, not the glory that was Rome

No comments:

Post a Comment