Friday 16 August 2013

Better Than Me

Chilly breeze is numbing up my face
And my world is such a crazy place
Sky is cloudy sun is crawling down
Not much work for a redundant clown
I know there’s much more that I could do
If I could only get my mind off you
I’m sure I could be better than me

Feel like smiling and that’s always good
I’m not the type to go round touchin wood
Life is beautiful, or so they say
I’m tryin hard to see that side today
And if everything remains the same
If I could only say I lost this game
I’m sure I could be better than me

Wish I could go back to before I knew you
You wouldn’t understand
If it’s so damn hard to smile and mean it
Don’t need you to pretend

Life is funny the way it turns out
Barely whimperin’ though I planned to shout
I don’t really need to make no noise
I myself have grown to hate my voice
Life could be so sweet, you know it’s true
‘nd I’m still prayin to get over you
I’m sure I could be better than me

6 October 2009 at 17:57

No comments:

Post a Comment