Friday 16 August 2013

Another Day

I washed the morning from my eyes
While my coffee I let grow cold
Thought about the dream I bought
Even though it wasn’t sold

I looked into the foggy skies
And I saw nothing but her face
Nothing can get her off my mind
And no one else can take her place

I made my way along the road
Just moving through a shroud of rain
I lost my only source of light
In darkness say, what is there to gain?

I don’t know why I strain to care
I’m bending double to stand straight
I see no reason left to love
And there’s no sense in mutual hate

And I’ll live through another day
And exist through another night
It doesn’t matter what I say
And I don't want another fight

Circus clowns and phony smiles
Get me through another day
I’ve yet to walk a million miles
Coffee cold, I threw away

22 October 2009 at 17:42

No comments:

Post a Comment